About Me

My photo
a Mum of 2, working full-time & trying to set up my own business, & occasionally get some sleep.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Failing miserably at the first hurdle

Well... I set myself the target of blogging once a week, thinking that would be easy - I'm a great believer in setting yourself targets that don't stretch you too much. But then #2 son got chickenpox, so last week didn't really happen much.

But the good news is that I've had an article this week in the local paper in the town where I grew up - the Bangor Spectator (or Speccie to its readers).

Which leads nicely on to explaining some of the colour names - Glenlola Girl is named after my old school, Glenlola Collegiate, as it is the same shade of royal blue as the school jumper. Boxpleat Cherub is a little tongue in cheek - being navy, it is named in honour of our regulation navy boxpleat skirts, to be worn with our regulation navy Cherub-brand knickers underneath.

We used to have competitions to see if we could stretch our Cherubs up to our armpits - a feat I could achieve well after 4th form.

No comments:

Post a Comment